Registration is now open for our 2020-2021 September-March New Season!
Our Mission at Dance Works is to deliver high quality dance & fitness education in a fun, nurturing, yet disciplined and challenging atmosphere affordably. Our mobile studio's goals are to inspire dancers to reach their fullest potentials as dancers technically, artistically and athletically, while promoting dedication, hard work, fostering friendships and encouraging creativity in a supportive and safe non-competitive environment.
Wendy Wood Barletta is the Founder, Executive & Artistic Director, Instructor and Choreographer for Dance Works since 1999. Her mobile studio partners with municipal recreation departments, schools and corporations to bring dance and fitness available for all ages. Dance Works is recognized for its broad repertory, development of the whole dancer and for a vision that keeps dance, fitness and creativity alive affordably in our community. Wendy began her dance-teaching career at the University of Massachusetts in 1982. She received her BFA degree in Dance from the UMASS 5-college Dance Department in Amherst, Massachusetts. Wendy has a performance degree though her concentrations were aligned with Dance Education, Choreography and post-graduate work in fitness. Wendy has performed, taught and choreographed for all ages and levels in New York, California, Canada and in Europe. She studied with Alvin Ailey, Bella Lewitsky, Luigi, Gemze de Lappe and many other well renown dance pioneers and their disciples. Wendy brings well-rounded experience to her classes. Many of her students have gone on to perform professionally in movies, TV and on stage. Others have entered into dance teaching, dance therapy and other dance and fitness related fields. Wendy emphasizes fun in her classes, while teaching proper technique and alignment and overall body strengthening and flexibility. She provides a creative and rewarding learning environment to help each dancer develop her own style. In addition to her degree in Dance, Wendy is an AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Licensed Zumba® Instructor and Certified CPR/AED.
- We provide more personal attention and instruction. Our younger classes have assistants to lower student/instructor ratio.
- We are more affordable than most dance studios without compromising quality dance education.
- We offer several performance opportunities including a Winter Showcase or Nutcracker, Spring Fundraiser Showcase which in part benefits the American Cancer Society and The Joe Torre Safe At Home Foundation, Student Choreography Showcase and performances for local Children’s hospitals and nursing homes. Spring Show (our annual end-of-the-year show)
- Dance Works has a variety of classes for all ages that can fit into your family schedule. If you don’t see a class you are interested in, come speak with us and we can likely make arrangements!
- We are proud to offer multiple options for you and your dancer to explore. From one class per week to intensive programs, we have something for everyone! .
- Dance Works is proud to offer age-appropriate dance education and costuming.
- Our culture is family-oriented, respectful, friendly and committed to the high quality of our program! We love to dance and especially love to share our passion for dance and fitness with our students! Parents are welcome to wait for and watch their dancers
- Location, location, location! Our location is flexible, easy to find parking and we currently offer classes in Harrison, West Harrison, Rye Brook and Tarrytown. We provide outdoor instruction, Livestream classes via Zoom and can customize locations for private, semi-private classes and corporate classes and events. Our mobile studio locations are close to multiple coffee spots, restaurants, shops. There's so much you can do and enjoy before and after class or while you wait for your dancer.
Dance Works produces an annual showcase that bridges the gap between local student performing companies and Manhattan professionals who gather in a non-competitive way to celebrate dance while raising funds to help change the lives of the community around them. Here are just some of the charitable causes we support: The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides for Breast Cancer, The Joe Torre Safe At Home Foundation, The March of Dimes, The Children’s Cancer Fund, Avon Foundation’s Breast Cancer Crusade, Avon Foundation’s Speak Out Against Domestic Violence Campaign, The American Red Cross, Make-A-Wish, the Blythedale Children’s Hospital and The Little Angels Child Care Center. Dance Works students have performed for patients and residents at the Maria Ferrari Children’s Hospital, Blythedale Children’s Hospital, Hebrew Home for the Aged, The Osborn Home and for many other community services & events. Thus far Dance Works has raised over $81,000 in an effort to help save and improve lives. Fundraiser ticket sales and targeted workshop proceeds go to charity. Under Wendy’s direction, dancers this season will perform pieces from her portfolio of 150 works choreographed since 1982 (including some new interpretations). Her diverse repertory offers powerful entertainment for all audiences. Wendy encourages her company members to create and perform their own choreography, giving rise to young talent in the performing and creative elements of the craft. Choreography workshop is an integral part of her program.
- We offer Dance Camps for Working families when school is on break or has a Superintendent's Conference Day and in during summer break.
Copyright © 2020 Dance Works - All Rights Reserved.